Looking for a way to stay motivated and fit this winter? Both will be easy and fun if you sign up for the GLM Winter Run Series!
There are six races in the series and runners can choose if they’d like to do the 5k or 10k division. Some runners opt to do both the 5k and 10k distances – the races are staggered so it’s possible to do both events. At each race, runners can earn points toward a series award. Points are awarded to the Top 10 Overall Finishers and the Top 10 Finishers in each Age Group. At the end of the series, the Top Three Overall Finishers and Top Three in each Age Group will receive a special series prize.
Last year’s overall winners were:
- Men’s 5k: Matt Kruger (1st); Joe Giacalone (2nd); Alex DeVilers (3rd)
- Women’s 5k: Carrie Sieberlich (1st); Kelly Corteen (2nd); Pam Norris (3rd)
- Men’s 10k: Matt Kruger (1st); Dan Schreier (2nd); Corey Binnebose
- Women’s 10k: Kelly Corteen (1st); Terri Bodden (2nd); Laura Caulfield (3rd)
This year, the six races include:
- The Pumpkin Run – Sunday, Oct. 27 @ Olympia Village Convention Center
- The Elf Run – Sunday, Nov. 24 @ Waukesha County Expo Center
- Run Into the New Year – Tuesday, Dec. 31 @ State Fair Park
- The Expo Run – Sunday, Feb. 2 @ State Fair Park
- The Big Chill – Sunday, Feb. 16 @ Olympia Village Convention Center
- Luck of the Irish – Saturday, March 22 @ Lake Country Lutheran High School (Note: This race also features a 15k event)
Even if you’re not vying for a series prize, there are plenty of other reasons to sign up for the Winter Series races. Here are a few of the participant perks:
- Chip timing and receipt time print outs at the finish line
- Age group awards to the top 10 places at every race
- Gender specific tech t-shirt or unisex long-sleeve cotton t-shirt for every race
- Custom race bibs with names
- Post-race food and beverages. Live music will also be performed at select races.
So, what are you waiting for, MKE? Get signed up for all six races today! If you can’t make all six, you can also sign up for individual races.
We look forward to braving the cold together this winter 🙂
Keep Running MKE – you’re doing great!